It’s Friday! Here are a few things I’ve been loving lately for stress relief…
- This relaxing candle that smells like lilies and citrus
- A recent obsession with this local ballet-meets-spin class
- Letting my brain roam free while listening to this band
- My furry dream come true for instant anxiety reduction
- This reflective way of praying that helps me see where God showed up
How are you going to de-stress this weekend?
(Psssst… in case you missed it, make sure to check out my last post on waiting and dating.)
One of the things this season of life is teaching me is how to better empathize with others.
I realized recently that many of my single friends are likely experiencing a version of what I am now – this longing for a season of life that has not yet happened. Maybe, like me, you face daily reminders that you are not where you want to be – they show up multiple times a day, reminding you that you are behind. You feel like there are massive roadblocks keeping you from a role you were meant to play. You feel silly being reduced to tears over the desire to be somewhere different from where you are right now. It feels wrong to be devastated by your goal to be in a life-giving, loving relationship not coming true in your desired time, but you are devastated nonetheless.